Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Wrap to Our First Full Month as Newlyweds

Can you believe it?! January is already over! It seems as though life is flying by, and we are just loving every second of this newlywed journey.

The good news for this week is that I got a new job! Subbing just wasn't working out as far as getting the hours and the money that we need, so I started looking for something else. This week I had my second interview at Texas Roadhouse, got hired, and went to orientation. I'm really looking forward to training this coming week. Chris and I really believe this is the best job for me and our family right now. All of his classes are in the evening as well as on Saturday, and as a server he also works nights and weekends. With the new schedule at Texas Roadhouse we will have similar schedules, and similar time off. Which means we can see each other more than to say goodnight and goodmorning!

Chris is still loving his classes and has been getting excellent scores on all his quizzes and exams so far. Having labeled posters of skeletons above our kitchen table and a bathroom mirror covered in post-notes full of EMT acronyms and definitions is really paying off. Just beware, if we see you anytime in the near future there's a good chance he'll have his stethoscope and blood pressure cuff and he will be ready to take your vitals.

On Friday we were able to have an AWESOME date day:

we went to get two doughnuts to celebrate the opening of Dunkin Doughnuts and ended up enjoying a full dozen (whoops...),



we braved the cold and tried to go climbing up at Betagraph in Logan Canyon,


I got to wear my new climbing shoes Chris got me for my birthday for the first time (LOVE them!),



but it was a little too cold for my hands so we spent a lot more time hiking around then actually climbing,

we went and explored the Hobbit Caves - also in Logan Canyon,
and we found a sweet mini-waterfall!



We had a great Sabbath day and are both loving our new ward. I am especially touched by the kindness of the Relief Society sisters. I am so grateful to be in a ward with women who are so strong, and I love hearing about their life experiences as well as their testimonies.

After church we had dinner with our friends Todd and Jame. It was great to be able to catch up and we were also way excited to break out our new grill to make some burgers! After dinner we came back home and had our friends Saren and Dallin over. They just got engaged this weekend, and we were glad to have an opportunity to celebrate with them. It was kind of fun pretending like we knew what we were talking about when giving them advice on being engaged, planning a wedding, and the whole married life. We had a lot of fun comparing stories and just laughing about how exciting and new this time of life is for both them and us.

Remember to pray and remember to play,
Mr. & Mrs. Andrew