Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dani's Birthday!

Well, this week was a whole lot of the same old same old with going to school, working, and the ever lingering process of trying to legally change my name (apparently it gets to be extra hard for me to switch over all my I.D.'s because I'm from Wisconsin and married that Utah boy IN Utah - the horror!). So if anybody has an extra copy of a drivers study guide from their 15 year old learning how to drive let me know, because luckily I get to take that test! How fun! I mean, I've been driving for 8 years now, 5 1/2 of those years I've lived in Utah, how much should I prioritize studying before going back to the DMV? I guess I just have a fear of those trick questions, purposely designed to trick anyone who didn't take drivers ed from that state. Maybe I'm overreacting....

Anyways, alongside our usual everyday activities the day that stood out this week was my birthday on Friday. First off, thanks to all who called, texted, emailed, snail mailed, snapchatted, wrote on facebook, or otherwise wished me a happy birthday (my family is the greatest between all the parents, siblings, cousins, grandparents and aunts I think I was wished a happy birthday in every possible way shy of morse code and carrier pigeon)! I love you all!

And secondly, let's just all take a moment to remember how wonderful Chris is. Now, I try not to get all mushy and gushy all the time and brag about how I have the most wonderful and perfect husband ever, but the truth is simply that I get all mushy and gushy and want to brag about how I have the most wonderful and perfect husband ever. And he made sure I knew that on my birthday. Not only was I spoiled silly the whole day - I didn't have to do anything myself - but he had planned out an epic surprise date. He had to work in the afternoon but as soon as he was off our adventure started with a delicious Olive Garden dinner. Chris drove us to Idaho - yup, we left the state for my birthday - and we went to Lava Hot Springs. These are the coolest natural hot springs turned swimming pools either of us have ever been to.



Needless to say it was a perfect day and a magical night! I am continually reminded how blessed I am and how loved I am. I really couldn't ask for more.


Remember to pray and remember to play,
Mr. & Mrs. Andrew