Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Best Christmas Present

Christmas is always a joyous time of the year, but this year Chris and I couldn't be happier with our gift - a perfect little baby. That's right folks, WE'RE PREGNANT! 

Christmas Day we got a lot of snow, but Dani also got a long awaited
break from her all-day-every-day nausea. Yay!

We are so thrilled to be expecting our new best friend this July. But if we are being honest with full disclosure - being pregnant is the worst. Don't get us wrong, this little miracle was planned and we are so honored with the opportunity to become parents, but my body has yet to get on board with this whole pregnancy thing. And the first trimester is not being nice. People talk about "morning sickness" but there are no morning parameters surrounding this sickness. I have been nauseous 24/7 since finding out at 4 1/2 weeks, it has yet to let down, and I have tried EVERYTHING. I have only had a handful of good days of feeling somewhat normal (thanks to a lot of prayer, as these days have fallen around the holidays where they were extra prayed for). This has been hard because I was planning on working, eating super healthy, and exercising my whole pregnancy but clearly the Lord has other plans. Luckily my husband is really a saint and not only is he going to school and working but he has also taken on the mantle of taking care of all the household chores as well as being incredibly patient with me. He's back to his bachelor diet of quesadillas and eggs, and I am getting by on toast and applesauce. I have occasional moments where I want to try other foods and almost always regret it afterwards; because once you throw-up most foods it's really hard to want them again.


Remember to pray and remember to play,
Mr. & Mrs. AND BABY Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment